Bankruptcy Lawyer in Williamsburg Virginia
Bankruptcy is a legal process that helps individuals and businesses that are unable to pay their debts get a fresh start. It allows them to either restructure their debts or discharge some or all their debts completely.
There are several different types of Bankruptcy and at Montgomery, Kelley & Dennett we focus on Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as “liquidation” bankruptcy because it involves selling off the debtor’s assets to pay off their debts. This type of bankruptcy is typically used by individuals who have few assets and are unable to repay their debts.
Reasons Why You May Want To Seek The Help Of A Bankruptcy Lawyer
There are several reasons why you may want to seek the help of a bankruptcy attorney:
- Expertise: A bankruptcy attorney has specialized knowledge and experience in bankruptcy law and can help you navigate the bankruptcy process.
- Guidance: A bankruptcy attorney can help you understand your options and provide guidance on the best course of action for your situation.
- Representation: If you decide to file for bankruptcy, a bankruptcy attorney can represent you in court and handle all the legal aspects of the case.
- Stress Relief: Filing for bankruptcy can be a stressful and overwhelming process. A bankruptcy attorney can take some of the burden off your shoulders and help you through the process.
It’s important to note that you are not required to have an attorney to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a way for individuals and businesses to get relief from overwhelming debt and start over financially. It is a complex process that requires the help of a bankruptcy lawyer and the cooperation of the debtor and their creditors.