Filing for Bankruptcy
Montgomery, Kelley, & Dennett, P.L.C. provides services for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy only. Filing a Chapter 7 can help end credit card debt, cease wage garnishment, stop foreclosure and repossession.
The following are some of the services provided:
- Free initial consultation to see if you qualify for Chapter 7
- Preparation and filing of Chapter 7 Petition and Homestead Deed.
- Representation at 341 Hearing (Meeting of Creditors) in Bankruptcy court.
Please be advised that you may only forward collection calls once you have retained our services.
Should You File Bankruptcy?
Are you losing sleep and avoiding creditor phone calls but just don’t know what to do? Are you thinking about filing bankruptcy but not sure if that is the right thing? Consider the following warning signs that indicate that you might need to consider filing bankruptcy. See if any of the following warning signs apply to you:
- Behind on your mortgage payment and see no way to catch up
- Resorted to payday loans trying to catch up
- Using credit cards to payoff other credit cards
- Using credit cards to pay for monthly expenses
- Missed several car payments
- Collectors are calling you at home and work
- Large medical bills
- Loss of your job
- You cannot make your minimum monthly credit card payment
If the following is happening you need to see a bankruptcy attorney immediately :
- Wage garnishment
- Repossession of your car or furniture or appliances
- You have gone out of business and have substantial debt to payoff
- Business closed – have credit line against the business
- Credit card in your name you have used for the business
- Business credit cards that you guaranteed with your signature
We’ve seen hundreds of people over the past 9 years. One thing we have learned is that no one wants to file bankruptcy. There’s a shame factor attached to filing bankruptcy, but the truth of the matter is no one knows you have filed unless you tell them. Remember that bad things happen to good people and they just have no choice. If you are experiencing any of the warning signs listed above consult a bankruptcy attorney promptly. The single biggest mistake we have seen people make is to wait too long to get expert help. So whether you call Stephanie A. Montgomery or not, call someone sooner rather than later. Do not wait and risk losing important rights you might have under the bankruptcy law. Call us now. We will be honored to help you.
Ms. Montgomery and the highly trained professional staff in our Williamsburg, VA law office are experts in bankruptcy. We know exactly what to do to prevent you from losing your car, your house, or your wages to garnishment and how to stop harassing phone calls. We are dedicated to helping people get a fresh financial start.