Hire A Traffic Attorney
Traffic attorney Pat Kelley has been trying traffic cases since he joined the Williamsburg Commonwealth’s Attorney office in 1989. His experience as a prosecutor and as a traffic attorney allows him to objectively analyze the facts and determine the best course of action to take in representing his client.
Pat Kelley is a legal professional who specializes in handling cases related to traffic violations and offenses. Their primary role is to provide legal representation and counsel to individuals who have been charged with traffic violations, such as speeding, reckless driving, DUI (driving under the influence), running red lights, and more.
What Will a Traffic Attorney Do For Me?
Here are some of the key responsibilities and tasks you can expect from traffic attorney Pat Kelley:
- Legal Representation: Traffic lawyers represent their clients in court and during legal proceedings related to traffic violations. They can either negotiate with the prosecution for a favorable outcome or defend their clients in a trial.
- Assessing the Case: Traffic lawyers review the details of the traffic violation, including the circumstances surrounding the incident and any evidence available. They assess the strength of the case and determine potential defenses or strategies.
- Advice and Guidance: They provide legal advice and guidance to their clients, explaining the potential consequences of traffic violations, such as fines, license suspension, and insurance premium increases. They also inform clients about their rights and options.
- Plea Bargaining: Traffic lawyers often work to negotiate plea bargains with the prosecution. This may involve reducing the charges or penalties in exchange for a guilty plea. Plea bargains can help minimize the negative impact of a traffic violation on a client’s record.
- Defending Clients in Court: If a case goes to trial, traffic lawyers will represent their clients in court. They present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and make arguments to support their clients’ defense.
- Expungement: In some cases, a traffic lawyer can help clients expunge or seal their records if they have been convicted of a traffic offense. This can be important for individuals looking to maintain a clean driving record or prevent the long-term impact on their insurance rates.
- License Reinstatement: Traffic lawyers can assist clients in reinstating a suspended or revoked driver’s license, which may involve legal proceedings and fulfilling certain requirements imposed by the court or the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Customized Legal Strategies: Traffic lawyers tailor their approach to each case, considering the unique circumstances and the goals of their clients. They may explore various legal strategies to achieve the best possible outcome.
Hiring a traffic attorney can be beneficial for individuals facing serious traffic violations, as they can help protect their legal rights, minimize the consequences of the violation, and potentially avoid or reduce fines and penalties.
Montgomery Kelley & Dennett are here to help!
Are you in need of a Traffic Attorney to handle your existing traffic violation and live in Williamsburg, Virginia? At Montgomery, Kelley & Dennett we have decades of combined legal experience and will aggressively pursue your case.